200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
At Yoga Inspired, we are grateful to God for the gift of yoga. He led us to this practice which provides an ongoing opportunity for growth and development in our Christian life. Yoga provides the tools we use to harness our thoughts, train our body, and establish our heart in God’s best plan of love. This 200 YTT is one way we give back what God has given us. To see you take hold of these holy practices, apply them to your own life, and then teach them to others, is a gift to the world that we know pleases God. You may choose to do this training for your own healing and growth or for the healing and growth of others. Either way, the world around you will be changed for the better, revealing the goodness of God anew.
This teacher training is offered under the umbrella of New Day Yoga School in Kennesaw, Georgia, where lead teacher and director, Dayna Gelinas,
We will use the New Day Yoga School Curriculum developed by Dayna Gelinas (E-RYT 500), Director of the New Day Yoga School. The curriculum is one of the first YTT’s from a Christian Perspective in the U.S. to meet the necessary standards of approval established by the national Yoga Alliance.
The next 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training will begin in September of 2017.
Location of Teacher Training
Yoga Inspired Studio
3596 Macon Road, Suite B
Columbus, GA 31907
Application for 200 Hour Training
Click here to download application.
Dates of 2018-2019 Training (200-Hour Course includes all 10 weekends):
Yoga Teacher Training Dinner : Aug.16, 2018
Weekend 1: Aug. 17, 2018 Weekend 6: Jan. 11, 2019
Weekend 2: Sept. 7, 2018 Weekend 7: Feb. 8, 2019
Weekend 3: Oct. 5, 2018 Weekend 8: Mar. 8, 2019
Weekend 4: Nov. 2, 2018 Weekend 9: Apr. 5, 2019
Weekend 5: Nov. 30, 2018 Weekend 10: May: 3, 2019
Beginning and Ending Times of Weekend Training
Thursday: 6:30pm-8:30pm (First Weekend Only - Dinner included)
Friday: 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am – 6:30pm
Sunday: 1:00am – 7:30pm
Financial Information: Make checks payable to Yoga Inspired.
Application Fee: $75
Teacher Training Fee: $2800 (A payment plan is included in the downloadable application.)
The Key Poses of Yoga by Ray Long
Hatha Yoga Illustrated by Martin Kirk, Brooke Boon, Daniel DiTuro
New Day Yoga Teacher Training Manual by Dayna Gelinas
Doraine Bennett, B.A. in English, E-RYT 200, RYT 500, is the Lead Teacher for the 200 YTT program in Columbus, Georgia. The founder of Yoga Inspired, Doraine has been practicing yoga since 2002 and teaching since 2013.
What To Expect From The Training
- Christ-centered Focus – The Trinity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit will be honored as the One True God, Creator and Lord. Learn how Jesus is present in all aspects of yoga from the postures to the breath to the mind to the heart.
- Asana – 52 foundational postures will be studied with emphasis on how to approach the pose, how to hold the pose, and how to come out of the pose, as well as modifications and contraindications for each one. A Cue Sheets Assignemt accompanies the learning of the postures.
- Human Anatomy & Physiology – Major muscles and bones used in each posture will be addressed.
- Pranayama – Learn various breathing techniques and how the breath enhances or hinders the practice of yoga.
- Energy Anatomy & Physiology – One of the key factors that makes the Yoga Inspired Teacher Training unique is the study of the chakras, the energy centers in the body. Learn what the Bible has to say about this energetic anatomy and how to use your energy to accomplish all that God has called you to do and be.
- Chanting – Experience the power of chant in English using Scriptures and teachings from the Bible.
- Traditional Yoga Philosophy & Yoga from a Christian Perspective – These views will be compared and contrasted so that you will understand the beginnings and origin of yoga, yet you will be absolutely sure of the Christian Believer’s value in practicing and teaching yoga from a Christian perspective. The New Day Yoga Teacher Training encourages boldness and fearlessness coupled with humility and grace.
- Meditation/Prayer/Contemplation – Learn the difference between these three holy practices of a Christian. Apply each one to your life and yoga practice.
- Mantra and the Power of the Word – The discipline of the mind will be addressed and Biblical methods of renewing the mind will be taught.
- Yoga Lifestyle/Lifestyle of a Believer – Find out how can one reinforce the other.
- Yamas/Niyamas & Hatha Yoga Styles – These topics will be the subjects of two presentations assigned during the training.
- Principles of Demonstration – Apply these principles to the teaching of your yoga classes and individual postures and keep your students safe. One proper demonstration can clarify your teaching and omit the need for many words!
- Principles of Movement – Learn, apply, and demonstrate the 8 principles of movement common to all yoga postures.
- Principles of Alignment – Learn, apply, and demonstrate the 5 principles of alignment common to all yoga postures, and watch the transformation of your yoga practice as you explore the potential in your body and mind.
- Ethics for Yoga Teachers and Believers – Discuss the motivation behind the ethics, and, from the heart, apply them to your life and teaching.
- Assisting/Correcting Students – Learn when and how to give hands-on adjustments and verbal cues to guide your students into an optimum yoga experience.
- Practice Teaching – Including three 20-Minute Teaching Sessions, one 75-Minute Session, two 60-Minute Sessions taught in studio community class, and one 30-Minute Final Teaching Test. These six opportunities to teach and receive immediate feedback will begin Weekend 2. Once you have completed your final Practice Teaching Weekend 10, you will feel comfortable and confident in leading a basic yoga class for all levels. These teaching practicums are another one of the key factors tht makes the New Day Yoga Teacher Training unique and valuable for someone learning to teach for the first time.
- Teaching Styles – Discover your own teaching style as we consider some of the major types of Hatha Yoga, including Iyengar, Viniyoga, and Anusara.
- Teaching Voice – Find your own unique voice as a teacher by realizing the core value of your life and then applying that to the teaching of yoga.
- Qualities of a Teacher – Find out what makes a good teacher good and learn how to apply that information to your teaching.
- A Student’s Process of Learning – Learn the different learning styles and types of yoga students and how those differences need to be addressed in a yoga class.
- Business Aspects of Teaching Yoga – Doraine will share her personal experiences of teaching yoga from a Christian perspective in different settings, providing you with the tools you will need to begin your own classes at a studio, gym, or church.